Cass Valley Backcountry Tour
- Duration: 4 Hours (approx.)
- Location: Lake Tekapo
- Product code: Cass Valley 4 HR
- Backcountry 4WD Scenic Tour Of Glenmore Station & The Cass Valley
- Experience stunning Natural Landscapes Unique to The Mackenzie Country
- Glenmore Station Farm Tour
- View Merino Sheep, Angus Cattle, Red Deer
- River & Stream crossings
- View a true backcountry hut
- View waterfalls, glaciers, moraines, big mountains
- Chance to view endangered wading birds such as Banded Dotterels, Black Stilts, Wry Bill, & other species
- Mid Tour Refreshments & Snacks
- Learn about the unique outstanding landscapes within The Cass Valley
This breathtaking High Country has been recognized for supplying the World with some of the finest Merino Wool on offer, including the supply to the famous “Icebreaker” Brand since the start. With more than 19 years of continued Merino Wool supplying, this station encompasses New Zealand at heart in many ways. Glenmore Station also holds an immense amount of Natural Landscape Values that are Unique to the Mackenzie Basin. Our 4WD Scenic Tours on this station will allow you to experience the outstanding array of stunning landscapes and natural features, unique to the Mackenzie Basin itself.
The Cass Valley is situated on the western side of Lake Tekapo, offering a world of Natural wonder and beauty. Access to this stunning alpine valley is solely through Glenmore Station. The Cass Valley Encompasses a large block of mountainous country, containing high inherent landscape values of The Mackenzie Country. The overall naturalness of the rocky steep scree slides, the U-shaped valleys carved by glaciation, waterfalls, glaciers, lateral moraines and tussock- clad terraces, overwhelm the senses and ignite the wonder of such a supremely stunning and unique landscape. The Cass Valleys braided river system and Delta is also a special environment for some of New Zealand’s most endangered nesting birds such as The Black Stilt, The Wry Bill, The Black Fronted Turn, The Banded Dotterel, The Black Billed Gull and the Oyster Catcher.